Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Coming Soon: Forever!

One of my favorite authors, Maggie Stiefvater, is so super crazy talented. She's not only a great writer, but is also an artist and musician. With this post, I'm entering her "Giant Forever Trailer Contest" in hopes to win an early copy of her book Forever, which is the last book in her Wolves of Mercy Falls series. There's also a BUNCH of other fantastic goodies in the prize back... including an ARC (advanced reader copy) of The Scorpio Races! I loved Shiver and Linger, and can't wait to read the conclusion, even if it means the series is at an end :(. Aren't these covers beautiful? They are what first attracted me to her books!

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)     Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)     Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3)

You can buy an autographed copy of Forever, and her other books at the Fountain Bookstore. Without further ado, here is the stop-motion book trailer Maggie herself created for Forever, featuring her music and her animation (using hundreds of paper cut-outs)!


And because I can't resist...
I'm also posting the other version with music written by Jonas & Plunkett, their version of "Summer Girl", the song from SHIVER. I'm now a big fan of Jonas & Plunkett, thanks to Maggie and this trailer. Seriously good stuff, you can listen "Summer Girl" here, and find out more about them on their website.


I can't end this post without including links to Maggie's stop-motion trailers for Shiver and Linger... I just couldn't, because they are awesome sauce. I wish I had this kind of creativity and patience to make one of these. I can't imagine how many hours it took her to create these!

Shiver TrailerLinger Trailer

Now, everyone cross your fingers and toes that I win :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!