Monday, August 11, 2008

Bullet Breakfast

I think I've figured out my perfect work day breakfast, and thought I would share... I can't take full credit because I evolved it from a recipe by Tosca Reno in her Eat Clean Cookbook. I call it the Bullet Breakfast because I make it in the Magic Bullet (a mini blender). It's so quick and easy to make - especially if you use a food scale - with minimal clean up! Here you go:

Bullet Breakfast
1 banana
1/2 cup FF/skim milk
1/3 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oatmeal or 1 minute)
1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 scoop protein powder - vanilla or chocolate (I use Designer Whey)
1 shot of espresso (optional)
1 tsp honey

This is tasty with or without the espresso (or coffee). I think it's yummier (is that a word?) made with vanilla protein powder if you don't add the espresso.... but better with chocolate if you do (think mocha java!). This is a perfect clean eating breakfast... It's got the complex carbs for fiber, and protein to keep your sugar levels steady and keep you full. Plus, a dose of healthy fats and the kick of the espresso/coffee! If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!