Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Little Touches of Fall


It's officially fall, and I'm disappointed that our A/C kicked on this afternoon. It's hot here for late September, in the high 80s... what the heck CO? It's OK. I'm still grateful it's not in the 90s! Besides, I know cooler weather is coming and I love that it's in the low 50s at night.

Last weekend I started putting out the few fall decorations I have, and picked up few things from Hobby Lobby. These little wooden pumpkins were 50% off, making them like $1.50 or $2 each. I love them grouped together on our mantle. I also picked up some dried sticks, wheat, and grasses to do something with... I'm still not sure I'm happy with the arrangement but I'm trying not to mess with them so much because they are so brittle. Suggestions? Like or dislike?

I couldn't help but splurge and pick up these mums at Whole Foods today. I love their rusty color and they look great in our foyer alcove that's been neglected since the spring flowers stopped blooming (previous post about those here), or rather *cough* died from John over watering them while I was out of town.

I have a few other fall touches scattered around the house, but they aren't really picture worthy (or really I didn't think to take a picture of them).  I'm just really enjoying fall here. A couple of weeks ago we drove up through Beaver Creek and Vail, and up Mt. Evans to show my grandparents the scenery and see the bursts of golden Aspens. Here's a picture from mid-way up Mt. Evans:

If things work out my way, we'll be going up to Aspen this weekend to see Maroon Bells with the Aspens at their peak in color :).

Do you go crazy decorating your home for fall? Or do you focus on Halloween and put spooky things around the house? I couldn't believe that Hobby Lobby already had Christmas stuff on display. Seriously, can't we at least get through Halloween first?

I'm linking up to Hooked on House's fall decorating party.

3 comments:

  1. I think it all looks great. The best part is that where you are it actually looks like fall outside as well as inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think that's the best part too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mums. I was just thinking I need to get some for my front porch. Thanks for joining my party today. Happy Fall! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!