Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hike: Threemile Creek Trail

Fall is here! Last week I was fortunate to be able to hike the Threemile Creek Trail in the Mt. Evans Wilderness. This is easily my favorite hike I've been on since we've lived here, and I hope to do it again (and take John with me) before the Aspen leaves fall. These pictures simply don't do the scenery justice... I really wish I had a nicer camera though really, I wouldn't want to carry a hefty one...

One of my favorite sounds is a babbling creek. I love it just as much as the sound of the ocean. This trail is mostly along Threemile Creek and it passes back and forth over it several times, which means we could see and hear the creek most of the way. I was a happy camper! We just hiked in and out, for a total of about 5.5 miles and ~1,000 ft of elevation gain.



I was surprised by how golden the Aspens were already, and just tried to soak it all in... Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture how the afternoon sun shimmered through the gold Aspens making everything just... gold. I think the group was amused by me, because as they were chatting away I was knelt down on the trail with my camera zooming in on the gold and red leaves. I've lived too long in the southern states where there are no such thing as seasons. This is my first "real" fall in over a decade, and I am not taking it for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!