- Renaissance Festival: Went with some friends and enjoyed the junk food and people watching, but I think I'm good for another few years before I need to go back!
- Lilith Fair: I was able to score $10 tickets to Lilith Fair, so I got some girl friends to go with and we had a good time. I swear what money we saved on tickets was easily spent on food and drinks! Bottled water (which you couldn't bring in yourself) was $5, and this concert started at 2PM and went until 10 PM! The highlights for me was Erin McClarey, Ingrid Michaelson, and obviously Sarah McLachlan. I have to say I was disappointed in the format of Lilith. If you wanted to reserve a good spot on the lawn for the main artists, then you couldn't be at the other stages. I really wish that ALL the Lilith artists went to ALL the Fairs nation wide, like they did in the late 90s. I've heard that they are trying to make it better 2011... I hope so!
|Finale - all artists|
- Rocky Mountain High: Event at Denver Museum of Nature and Science... we met up with some friends, and made some new ones! We had a great time, and learned about how the Rocky Mountains were formed over cocktails while enjoying this view:
|Sunset over the Rockies|
|The Denver skyline|
- My little brother came to visit for 10 days! He's 8 years old, and wow, what a whirlwind that was! We kept busy, as I tried to show him all that Colorado has to offer :). Here's a run down of our activities:
- Hiked the loop around Red Rocks
- Saw the movie Despicable Me, and we both loved it!
- Hiked at Elk Meadow Park and saw a mountain lion (from a safe distance)
- Took a lantern tour of Cave of the Winds - his favorite part of his visit!
- Walked around Garden of the Gods
- Went bowling with M & K :)
- Camped and hiked at Rainbow Lakes - fire and s'mores need I say more?
Whew, I think that's it for July!