... lived here for 365 days
... a Colorado drivers license with my mug on it
... the green and white mountain license plate
... a ski pass, also with my mug on it
... enjoyed all 4 seasons here
And gosh darn it, I've hiked a 14er! :)
Here are a few fun facts about Colorado (I got these from a page I tore out of a local magazine a while ago, sorry, but I don't remember the source):
- Denver has the largest city park system in the nation with 205 parks in City limits and 20,000 acres of parks in the nearby mountains.
- The 13th step of the state capital building in Denver is exactly 1 mile high above sea level.
- Colfax Avenue in Denver is the longest continuous street in America.
- Katherine Lee Bates wrote "America the Beautiful" after being inspired by the view from Pike's Peak.
- The highest suspension bridge in the world is over the Royal Gorge Bridge near Canyon City, it spans the Arkansas River at a height of 1,053 ft.
- Colorado has more microbreweries per capita than any other state.
- Colorado has an estimated 54 peaks poking at 14,000 feet above sea level.