Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy belated 4th of July

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday weekend - happy 4th of July (a couple of days later)! I can't believe it's been a week since I made a blog entry... I have a couple draft entries that I'm working on and hope to finish them up in the next day or so - so check back! Thursday I went to a craft store to pick up some soy wax (to make the eco-candles from the video in the previous entry) and left the store with a "I Taught Myself How to Knit" kit and yarn too. Yeah, no joke. It was a random impulse purchase. Why not learn a skill to become a more well rounded individual? So in between the 3 fun BBQs we went to this weekend I sat around and taught myself how to knit. Needless to say the soy wax was left untouched. Well, the instructions and 2D diagrams only took me so far... I almost gave up the idea of this new hobby until I searched YouTube for some instructional videos - jackpot! YouTube to the rescue! I had an ah-ha moment (thanks to a nice highly skilled knitter in Finland) and got back to work. I made myself a fabulous imperfect face cloth in a checkered pattern (of knit and purl stitches for those knitters out there). I briefly thought of posting a picture... but being my first attempt to knit something, it's a little embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!