Saturday, July 04, 2009

Independence Day

Happy Independence Day! Thank you to all the active and retired service men and women! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend.

We are on a mini vacation visiting family in San Antonio, TX. Holy crow is it HOT here! Yesterday we spent the day melting at SeaWorld. Despite the heat we had a great time and tried to take advantage of the splash zones at all the shows. We said hello to Shamu, Seamore, the Belugas, and dolphins, and rode a couple of rides including the new Atlantis water ride and The Great White loopy roller coaster (my fav).

Today, I tagged along to a Tea Party, my first protest. It was interesting, and peaceful... not too rowdy at all. I call myself "independent", being more of a centrist.... so I was just taking it all in. Now we're on our way to play in some caves, specifically the Natural Bridge Caverns! Whoohoo, caving is right up my ally, but this will be a touristy guided tour. I'll take what I can get. They do have an adventure tour which is more of a caving/spelunking experience that I will have to come back and do on our next visit!

I updated this post to include this blurry but documentary picture (and a link to their website):


Have a great, safe 4th of July!

--Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!