Sunday, July 19, 2009

Curry, my new found love...

A few months ago, I was re-introduced to curry... I first tried it a couple of years ago, and I have to say I wasn't too impressed. It wasn't bad, just OK... I didn't understand my friends who raved about it, so I stuck with my favorite Thai dish - Pad Thai. Turns out, I wasn't trying good curry. Now I LOVE it! My husband and I got on a kick this past spring and just couldn't get enough. I think in one week we had it 3 days in a row. So now I will try any dish that has the word curry in the name!

Last week, my friend N mentioned a Curried Spinach-Potato Soup she made, and I begged for the recipe. She thankfully shared the recipe, and now I have a double batch in my fridge! Some people may scoff at the idea of eating hot soup in the summer, and I might agree... if I wasn't working the night shift in a room that might as well be a meat freezer this week! It really has been the perfect meal to take to work, and I have enough to last several days (I'm going on day 3 and I haven't gotten sick of it yet). I wish the soup had a slightly thicker consistency (I'll hold back on the broth next time), but other than that I really am enjoying every cup. The recipe was easy and consists of leeks, potatoes, spinach, veggie broth, milk, and curry (of course) - very simple ingredients, healthy (clean), and tasty! I'm not sure where the recipe is from, so I'm hesitant to post it here... but if you're interested, email me and I will send it to you.

If you haven't tried curry, give it a try... or a second try! It might surprise you.

2 comments:

  1. I ripped the recipe out of a magazine, don't remember which one. I agree on the consitancy though, a little thicker would be better. I think I also might make a few extra potatos next time too and hold them back to just get chunked up and tossed in the finished product for some chunkiness. I like have bits left in the soup and not have a totally smooth puree.

    I personally think soup is a GREAT summer meal warm or cold because it fills you up without being heavy and uncomfortable. But then again, I am pro-soup anytime. Very underrated meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to try Pastor Ryan's Tikka Masala (from PW's website). it's SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!