Sunday, November 07, 2010

Review: The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court

The Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme CourtThe Nine: Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court by Jeffrey Toobin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The Nine was my book club's selection for September. To be honest, I'm so glad to have finally finished this book. I feel like I should, but I just don't have much interest in politics. At times this book was torture to make myself read, but I did find some parts interesting. Overall, I'm glad I read (or rather listened) to this book as it gave insight into how the justices are selected, and what goes on behind the law. I do have to say that I did not think that this was written impartially (even if he tried), and Toobin made his agenda clear which put me off about 2/3 through.

(Posted through www.goodreads.com)

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read "The Nine" for a while and picked up a hardcover copy from the $1 bin at the bookstore a few weeks ago. I'm hoping that since I have a lot of interest in politics I'll enjoy it more than you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will really like it. Mainly because I think your views are closer to Toobin than mine. It is loaded with interesting information if this is topic is up your alley. I had a hard time getting into it, but then I got absorbed... until 2/3 of the way through when I was completely put off once Toobin's agenda became apparent to me.

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!