Thursday, November 25, 2010

My 5: Thanksgiving 2010 Edition

Happy Thanksgiving! We are getting ready to go have dinner with extended family. John and I are on dessert duty today so I made Paula Dean's Pumpkin Pie, and John made his family's 60 Second Chocolate Moose Pie and homemade Baileys. Mmmm I can't wait to get my eat'n on... I worked out not once but twice today in preparation for our desserts! Hahaaa... I worked out 30 minutes before settling down with coffee in front of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and then snuck in 25 more minutes once the pumpkin pie was in the oven.

My 5: Thanksgiving 2010 Edition:
  1. Family - immediate and extended, my fabulous in-laws, and the friends I choose as family :).
  2. Koda Bear of course. She never fails to brighten my day with just a look and her fishy dance.
  3. Living in Colorado. I've had my challenges being unemployed, but really it's OK. Just about every time John and I are in the car together, or hiking, or doing whatever we look at each other and say - "we LIVE here!"
  4. My health. After watching both episodes of Biggest Loser this week (which both made me cry),  I'm so thankful that John and I have our health and are able to do activities we enjoy here in Colorado. The episodes were just a reminder that it's never too late to change your life, to do things you never dreamed possible. The body is an amazing thing!
  5. The internet. I know, weird choice... but I've met really great girl friends through meetup.com this year. I never would have guessed I'd meet true friends this way, but I'm so thankful I did! For more info, check out my previous post about Meetup here.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. I love your thankful list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you liked the Pottery Barn Knock Off Pillows! When I first started sewing, I bought a very inexpensive BASIC sewing machine. I think it was a Kenmore brand from Sears. It was only around $100 (maybe even less). I knew I only needed to do basic straight lines. Pillows are super easy. I sew up 3 full sides and about 1/3 of the 4th side. Then you can stuff the pillow in and not have much to stitch by hand. Let me know how it goes!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!