Thursday, June 26, 2008

Glitch = Goodies

A few days after I blogged about renewable energy, I received another newsletter email from Green Mountain Energy with my updated CO2 offset numbers... the numbers were drastically different, and lower, than my last report showed (from February)! I emailed the company with the offset numbers from the previous newsletter and asked why the numbers were so different. I heard back from them the very next morning. Tony, a manager apologized for the confusion and let me know that my question/concern was passed along to the environmental department. A couple of hours later I was contacted again by the same manager, letting me know their analyst was out of town and wouldn't be back until early the next (this) week. I replied that I wasn't in a hurry to get the numbers, I just wanted to know. I heard back from them on Tuesday with new updated offset numbers (that closely matched the ones from February), and verification that I was on the 100% wind energy plan. However, my trees planted number was off. Apparently I pointed out a glitch in the system that they are now looking into and trying to fix. Here are my new updated numbers:
  • Pounds of CO2 avoided = 84,651
  • Trees planted = 5,084
  • Miles not driven = 94,057
I have to say, I'm impressed with Green Mountain Energy. I heard back from them promptly, and the manager was friendly and professional. I was thanked multiple times for supporting their company and using renewable energy. Also, they sent me the goodies pictured above along with a thank you card. I was even asked what type of shirt I wanted, and was sent a ladies cut shirt that actually fits! I will be wearing my shirt... after this experience I'm an even bigger supporter of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!