Saturday, May 15, 2010

The New Crystal Light?

Wow. I just saw this add in the April issue of Self Magazine (I'm behind on my reading...) for Crystal Light PureFitness.


I'm not sure if it's in stores yet, because the add says "Coming soon. Can't wait? Go to amazon.com/purefitness". I'm not sure if you can make out the text in the picture but it claims to have no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or preservatives, and has electrolytes to help rehydrate. Hmm... I'm usually fine with just water but I've been thinking about what to do for longer, more strenuous hikes... So I am really curious to check this out! I wonder what it is sweetened with (stevia?), and what are the ingredients - straight forward short list or things I can't pronounce?

If it's not sugary it sounds like something I may want to use in my camelpak for long hikes. Anyone know anything about this product yet? I would google it but I'm on a plane at the moment.

I love how products are responding to consumers wanting to live healthier. My mom was diabetic so I grew up on artificial sweeteners, mostly aspartame. It wasn't until I was in my mid-20s that I discovered I was highly sensitive to aspartame, and that it was causing me to have never ending headaches and migraines. That stuff is evil as far as I'm concerned. So I hope PureFitness is really as good as it claims.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Definitely keep us posted on the ingredients when you find out. It would be cool if it was just 'flavor' but not sweet flavor. So just electolytes and flavor. I hate that everything is artificially sweetened and that it's so sweet - and has such a nasty aftertaste!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!