|Photos by Stuart Cove|
|That thug looking girl with the crossed arms is me.|
Anyway.... this post isn't really about my love of sharks. It's really about the new addition to our household. Meet my sharky Shark - the Euro-Pro Shark S3501 Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop. I gave it a whirl yesterday and it worked great... my hardwood floors are so silky smooth clean! I followed the instructions and some tips from online reviews and I'm really happy with the results. Make that double happy because I cleaned my floors without chemicals - only water! I was worried about this method leaving too much water on the floors, but the water evaporated quickly and was a non-issue.
Here are some tips that I found:
- If you have hard water, use distilled water (I do and did) to extend the life of your mop and to prevent your floors from looking cloudy.
- Fill the water tank before it runs out so you get constant good steam when you want it.
- Put on a new microfiber pocket if it gets super, super dirty so you don't end up smearing around dirt (yeah... my floors were DIRTY... maybe I shouldn't admit that!).
- Test a hidden area of your floor to make sure it won't be hurt by the steam - inside a closet works great.
- Don't leave the mop resting on the floor to walk away and do something. I found complaints about water pooling on the floor, but that is from misuse.