Monday, June 14, 2010

Shark Love

Those that know me... know that I love sharks. I can't help but love those beautiful misunderstood creatures. Last summer I took a PADI Shark Awareness Specialty Course, and then went SCUBA diving with at least 13 of them at Stuart's Cove in the Bahamas.

Photos by Stuart Cove
That thug looking girl with the crossed arms is me.

Euro-Pro Shark S3501 Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop
Anyway.... this post isn't really about my love of sharks. It's really about the new addition to our household. Meet my sharky Shark - the Euro-Pro Shark S3501 Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop. I gave it a whirl yesterday and it worked great... my hardwood floors are so silky smooth clean! I followed the instructions and some tips from online reviews and I'm really happy with the results. Make that double happy because I cleaned my floors without chemicals - only water! I was worried about this method leaving too much water on the floors, but the water evaporated quickly and was a non-issue.


Here are some tips that I found:
  • If you have hard water, use distilled water (I do and did) to extend the life of your mop and to prevent your floors from looking cloudy.
  • Fill the water tank before it runs out so you get constant good steam when you want it.
  • Put on a new microfiber pocket if it gets super, super dirty so you don't end up smearing around dirt (yeah... my floors were DIRTY... maybe I shouldn't admit that!).
  • Test a hidden area of your floor to make sure it won't be hurt by the steam - inside a closet works great.
  • Don't leave the mop resting on the floor to walk away and do something. I found complaints about water pooling on the floor, but that is from misuse.

1 comment:

  1. I have this mop and LOVE it!! I works great on my hardwood and in the bathrooms - nothing better than good cleaning without chemicals!

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!