Here's how you do it:
- Collect your silver jewelry (or actually anything silver you want to clean)
- Cover a shallow dish with aluminum foil and sprinkle a generous layer of baking soda
- Place jewelry or whatever in the dish and sprinkle again with baking soda, here's a picture of my first batch:
- Pour boiling water into dish until items are covered
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes
- Remove jewelry and wipe with microfiber cloth (be careful of hot water)
Here's the video from Gorgeously Green. This is a YouTube channel I check regularly for ideas, from everything on how to make natural cleaners and ways to use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect my cutting boards. I also have her book which I recommend, Gorgeously Green: 8 Simple Steps to an Earth-Friendly Life.
Give it a try!