Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Natural Silver Cleaner

Last week I was looking through my jewelry and got really frustrated by how my silver jewelry is so tarnished. My body does not like silver, it doesn't take long for me to tarnish it so I try to avoid it for the most part. Of course, I've collected some pieces I really like over the years. I remembered seeing a natural silver cleaner posted on Gorgeously Green's YouTube page and decided to give it a try - it's all natural and CHEAP! I had great results!

Here's how you do it:
  1. Collect your silver jewelry (or actually anything silver you want to clean)
  2. Cover a shallow dish with aluminum foil and sprinkle a generous layer of baking soda
  3. Place jewelry or whatever in the dish and sprinkle again with baking soda, here's a picture of my first batch:


  4. Pour boiling water into dish until items are covered


  5. Let sit for 15-20 minutes
  6. Remove jewelry and wipe with microfiber cloth (be careful of hot water)



Gorgeously Green: 8 Simple Steps to an Earth-Friendly LifeHere's the video from Gorgeously Green. This is a YouTube channel I check regularly for ideas, from everything on how to make natural cleaners and ways to use hydrogen peroxide to disinfect my cutting boards. I also have her book which I recommend, Gorgeously Green: 8 Simple Steps to an Earth-Friendly Life.



Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!