Thursday, March 03, 2011

Catch up: Jan and Feb

Well helloooooooo! I can't believe I haven't posted in over a month. I'm so behind in the blogging world - with posting and reading others blogs! I really have no idea where January and February went... but here's my attempt to catch up.

January:

The first week in January I began consulting and traveled to Boston to meet my client and get to know the company. Don't worry, I'm not moving! I get to work from home in my lounge wear aka work PJs :). In the same week I started my own Limited Liability Company while hanging out with great, supportive friends in NH. I quickly learned that there are great free tools for small business owners out there. I could probably do an entire blog post on them... but I'll just point you to my previous post on dropbox.com, and tell you that freshbooks.com ROCKS. Through Freshbooks I can track my time by project and task, create and send invoices, customize it with my logo, and look professional to my clients... for FREE. Oh yeah, and there's an app for it too.

I also started volunteering with a couple of local non-profits. I have been looking for organizations to get involved with since I moved here, and then when I finally figured out what I wanted to do they coincided with me going back to work. Not complaining! I just think it's funny. I serve on a committee for one and donate manual labor to the other (I know I'm being vague but I'm a little paranoid about sharing details publicly). I'll just say I happily shovel manure for the good of the kids. Ha!

February:

February wasn't quite as exciting (as far as big changes), but it just flew by... it was a whirl of work, celebrating 8 years of being with John, hanging out with friends, and ended with my friend H and family visiting us. We had a full house this past weekend and I loved it! Unfortunately I've been sick so I wasn't able to do snowshoeing/hiking as planned... but we fit in some CO must-dos and ate yummy food!

I think that pretty much sums up the past couple months. Ooh, I have been reading a ton lately, if you're interested you can find me on goodreads, here. I don't think I've read this much since I was a kid!

Hope 2011 is treating you well so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!