Thursday, February 04, 2010

Basket Case

Last week I discovered the HomeGoods store... which could be dangerous. It's owned by TJ Maxx and is a discount store for house goods. I spent 2.5 hours in that store and felt rushed because I had to leave at a certain time so I could meet friends for dinner. I loaded up a cart and bought I don't know how many items for under $150. Unfortunately I'm taking about half of it back because I wasn't prepared... I got the wrong size rugs, the wrong color towels, etc.. Never fear, I will correct this when I make the returns.

Can you guess what my favorite find was? No, not wall art... or a rug for our powder room I want to completely re-do.

My favorite purchase was a basket. Yes, a basket. It's been in my possession for a week and I'm STILL excited... it makes me smile every time I look at it. Who'd a thunk I could get so excited over a basket that I'd want to blog about it? Well, maybe it's because it's a great improvement over the basket it's replacing that held all of Koda's toys.

Check out the basket it replaced and notice the broken handle and overflow of toys.

Mmkay... so we can't bare to throw away any of her toys. These are all the toys she's ever owned, except the few ones she absolutely destroyed when we made the mistake of getting her soft toys as a puppy. Honestly, I don't think she has that many for being 4 years old. She's more of a lover than a player.

Here's the new basket! Just ignore that sneaky pesky pine needle that has somehow avoided being vacuumed since Christmas.

I heart the paw stamped metal plate. It's paw-fect! I know, what cheese... I couldn't resist.

Oh, and did I mention the price? It cost $7.99 - not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!