Friday, February 05, 2010

Entry Way Decor - Help!

I need your help. Now that we're pretty much unpacked and settled, it's time to decorate and plunge into some home improvement projects! Right now the house looks a little... sterile. We hung a few pictures in the dining room, but we still need to decide on where to hang our other pictures. That will help, but there are a few areas that need something more, and I'm struggling to figure out what to do. The two main areas I'm talking about is our entry way, and the the built-in TV cave in our living room. I'll post about the cave another day... today, I'm hoping you can help me with ideas on how to spruce up this area.

I want to decorate above the door - the wall space and the window transom. Oh, and also that niche between the dining room and foyer.

Nice model, aye? Koda decided to be in the picture all on her own. I'm not sure if she wanted to model, or was just trying to get my attention to ask to go outside for the umpteenth time today. I'm guessing the later.


My only criteria is:
  1. No artificial plants (real probably wouldn't work either because I doubt I'll drag out a ladder to water them on the transom).
  2. No plastic or MDF
Any help is appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm thinking... what about hanging a plant in the niche between the dining room and entry way?

    I should mention that I'm thinking of finding a wrought iron piece for the wall space... but all I've found so far is too ornate for our taste. We like clean lines. According to HGTV, my design style is "Transitional".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no help...I am just getting around to decorating my house over a year after I moved in. I did see that you started reading YHL which I love! That said, I think Koda is a great decoration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's how it usually works... living in a space for a while before figuring out what you want to do with it. I'm restless... I need something to keep me busy while job hunting (and you can guess how fruitful that is after Obama's announcement) so I decided to get started on working on the house.

    ReplyDelete

I heart your comments!