Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sneak Peak

Here's a sneak peak of what I've been up to lately. I'm hoping to finish this project this week... but it's supposed to snow again... which means temperatures aren't conducive to staining/finishing wood. Boo.

I've set up shop in the garage and basement. The wood shop (not set up yet since the move) is in the garage, but it's too cold in there to glue anything (the glue will not set at temps under 55 degrees). We used a space heater and were able to eventually get up to 49 degrees, so I'm assembling in our unfinished basement. 

my stock pile
Unattractive picture of me bundled up and using my hubby's Miter Saw
Don't worry, John taught me how to use the Miter Saw so I didn't hurt it, or myself.
Other tools...






I can't wait to show off the final product! I've insisted on doing this "all by myself" with John as my adviser (he's only allowed to answer questions, and show me how to use his tools). Hopefully it will turn out well (meaning I won't screw it up).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!