Friday, February 26, 2010

Gorgeous Day

We've gotten a few bouts of snow over the past week. Yesterday afternoon it started snowing again, the beautiful kind - big flakes swirling down. I tried to capture it on video but it didn't come out well. Here's some pictures from this morning (though the first photo was taken last week).



Not much has been going on with me. I'm still job hunting, applying to positions, and I signed up for a couple of virtual career fairs. It's been really frustrating. I've gotten 3 of these type emails in the past couple of weeks:
"You recently applied for the ______ position with _____. This job has been cancelled and no applicants have been hired for the position."
 *sigh*
 
I'm trying to take advantage of this time off. I'm still looking for things to get involved in during the day. It seems like most everything I'm interested in doesn't really kick into gear until spring. Apparently everything stops in the winter for skiing!

To update you on that project I'm working on... well... I realized that it is too cold here to stain/finish the wood, so it kinda took the steam out of the project. I got my finisher nail gun last week, but I was silly and forgot to order nails for it! So now I'm on a hunt. To be honest I haven't really gone out of my way to get them. I stopped by a hardware store yesterday since it was right next door to where I was going anyway... but they didn't have the right ones. Boo. Anyway, I'm anxious to show you what I'm doing so I think I'm going to finish building this weekend and just wait and stain it when it warms up.

My SIL (1 of 3) is coming to visit this weekend! I love visitors! K is so much fun to be around, so full of energy that she never stops going. Makes me tired thinking about it :).

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart your comments!